Modern times have made children and computers inseparable. New generations are growing up with modern technology, which has many advantages, but also disadvantages, it is harmful not only when it comes to psycho-physical health, but can also significantly impair vision. Children spend a lot of time in front of modern gadgets and other digital devices, so you need to know what impact they have and how to protect your children from them.
Digital devices broadcast
- Digital devices emit the so-called blue light which may increase the risk of the child developing macular degeneration when they grow up, i.e. disease on part of the eye.
- Irritation can also occur from the reduced flow of tears in the eye, because the child blinks less when looking at the screen, so the eye becomes drier.
How much time to spend in front of digital devices?
- If the child spends many hours in front of a computer, there is a greater chance that when they grow up they will have myopia, i.e. shortsightedness.
- Every 20 minutes your child should take their eyes off the computer and be at least 6 meters away from them.
- Special glasses are recommended while looking at the screen. Glasses with polycarbonate lenses offer the highest degree of radiation protection from screens and provide clear vision. Many glasses have lenses that retain blue light and can be worn during many activities of the child.
Protect eyes from computer screen. Socialization
- Socialize them. Let them do most of the activities with friends, brothers, sisters. If they feel lonely, they will reach for the computer. So make it interesting outside of home. Help them meet friends in the park or neighborhood and cut back on using digital devices.