Ophthalmologist and surgeon
- cataract surgery -adults and kids;
- refractive – cataract surgery;
- diagnostic and surgical treatment of glaucoma and
- treatment of tear duct
Up close with Dr. Zlatko Arnaudovski
“Communication between patient and doctor is communication between friends”
- Why ophthalmology?
Ophthalmology, for me, is the most beautiful branch of medicine and is an extremely noble profession. The specialty is interdisciplinary and is related to all other specialties. We use the most sophisticated and technologically advanced equipment for diagnostics and interventions. The surgery section contains the most elegant, precise and logical operations in medicine in general. For the patient to regain their sight is an immeasurable feeling.
- Why when cataract is mentioned, it is immediately followed by: ask for Arnaudovski?
This question will probably be best answered by my patients. I, on the other hand, can say that I have many years of experience, I am dedicated and I love my profession. Probably a factor as to why patients have trust in me.
- Patients come to the examination with different emotions, what is your approach to them?
I try to dedicate myself completely to each patient, to listen to them carefully and to suggest a treatment that suits their life needs, in a way that is understandable to them. With a lot of positive energy, in communication, patients’ doubts and fears, before and after surgery, are overcome. It is important that their condition is fully monitored and that the doctor is always available to them.
- What should the doctor do to have the patient’s loyalty and recommendation?
They just need to love their profession and dedicate themselves lovingly to patients. In the patient, besides the patient, the doctor should see a person. Communication between them should be communication between friends.
- What do you do in your free time?
In my free time I enjoy with my family, I hang out with friends, I love reading good books, listening to music, watching movies (lately series). In this part of the day is the inevitable bicycle, the long walk and my hobby – photography.
- What kind of music do you listen to most often?
Most often and mostly I like to listen to jazz from the fifties and sixties. Miles Davis is honey to the ears…
- Which book would you recommend?
“Wild meat” by Goran should be read by everyone. All books by Orhan Pamuk and Salman Rushdie. “Conversations with Koneski” by Cane Andreevski is a great book.
- What does your “ideal vacation” look like?
In Ohrid, by boat on the lake, above Kaneo at sunset, divine beauty…
- What do patients not know, but should know, about you?
That I am a very big supporter of the idea of legalizing the afternoon nap, as an institution.
- What would you be if you were not a doctor?
If I was talented I would certainly be a musician.