Ophthalmologist and surgeon
Kostovska Biljana was born in 1973 in Skopje, Macedonia where she finishes primary and secondary education with excellent success.
Graduated from the Faculty of Medicine, University “Ss. Cyril and Methodius”. From 2001 to 2005 she specializes in ophthalmology and holds the title of specialist ophthalmologist. Assistant at the Faculty of Medicine from 2005 to 2009. She works at the University Eye Clinic from 2000 to 2010 at the Front Segment Department.
Since 2010 she has been working at Sistina Ophthalmology and since 2015 she is the Head of the Department of Refractive Surgery.
- Macedonian Medical Chamber;
- Association of Ophthalmologists of Macedonia;
- European Society for Cataract and Refractive Surgery;
- Eastern European Association for Cataract and Refractive Surgery and
- European Society of Ophthalmologists.
Attends numerous educations both at home and abroad. Some of them are:
- 2007 Moorfield Hospital, London, as a Fellow of the European Association of Ophthalmologists, Department of Cataract Surgery;
- 2010 Oertli course, Phacoemulsification and Vitreoretinal Surgery, Switzerland;
- 2010-2012 Cataract Surgery, prof. Dr. Vladimir Pfeiffer
- 2012 Alcon course, Phacoemulsification and vitreoretinal surgery, Bulgaria
- 2013-2014, Vitroeretinal Surgery prof. Dr. Iva Petkova
- 2014-2015 Vitreoretinal Surgery, prof. Dr. Zoran Tomic, Milos Clinic, Belgrade;
- 2015-2018 Vitreoretinal Surgery, prof. Dr. Ratko Lazic;
- 2015-2018 LASIK, implantation of multifocal and thoracic lenses, eye trauma prof. Dr. Nikica Gabric, Clinic Svjetlost, Zagreb.
Publications and research
She is the author and co-author of over 130 scientific papers. She is part of the expert editing team of books:
- ” Fundamentals of Ophthalmology ”by Dr. Cynthia A. Bradford and
- “Clinical Procedures for Eye Examination” by Nancy B. Carlson and Daniel Kurt.
Participation in conferences
She takes active participation in national and international conferences. Some of them are:
- XIV Congress of the European Association of Ophthalmologists, Madrid 2003
- Dry eye of patients with diabetes;
- Prevalence of Syogren Syndrome in chronic hepatitis C.
- • XXXIV Congress of the European Society of Refractive and Cataract Surgeons, Copenhagen 2016
- Vitrectomy and secondary lens implantation after complications of phacoemulsification.
- • XXXV Congress of the European Association of Refractive and Cataract Surgeons, Lisbon 2017
- Visual acuity compression by two methods – Laser Keratomyelination and ICL.
- • VIII Mediterranean Retina Meeting, Dubrovnik 2019
- Oral presentation on the significance of thrombophilia screening in young patients with retinal vein occlusion.